Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 55 - Quotes

I have kept a journal since I first really started to write. So this means, I have essentially been writing since I was 7 years old. I was reading through one the other day and came across this thought I had...



Have you ever noticed how lonely the rain is? It's like the sky is crying for some forgotten memory. (1992)

Why a thought like that would occur to me, I'm not quite sure. However, that's how my brain operates and I'm frankly a little afraid of sharing some of this kind of stuff with you - whether the fear is rational or not. However, the only way to conquer fear is to tackle the thing you are most afraid of.

I actually did that the other day. I think my body took the tackling literally however because the doctor seems to think I have a stress fracture in my left foot. I don't quite buy it... think it's probably just a strain or a sprain, but here I am hobbling around on crutches. And it's quite the workout since I'm 50 pounds heavier since the last time I utilized the mobility devices. So what happened? I was scared to run. Weird, but true.

You see, I blew my hip out in the police academy in September 2008 and COULDN'T workout or do a whole lot. I finally was cleared for full duty in February 2010. That's quite a while to be sitting around and doing nothing. Long story short, I didn't know if I could run again... weird, but true. When you don't do something for over 2 years, you wonder. So ... with all the added weight, I ran. Felt good. Until it didn't.

Anyway, I'm sure I actually have much more to write about this whole thing, but I'm actually on good painkillers and everything is a little blurry and I can't focus on whatever it is I am officially rambling about. More later when I can make more sense of the universe....

No comments:

Post a Comment