Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 71 - Interesting Way to End the Day

I love the written word and while I may not always follow the MBA rules of composition exactly, I do succeed in getting my point across in a fairly easy and conversational manner. The rhetorical question I have, is do I try to take up writing again as a side-line career? My dad used to breakout a yellow-pad to make pro and con lists. I would actually prefer a Big Chief tablet, but the end game is still the same. This is something I think I will be working on for the next little bit. It could be I just keep my blog and be happy with that until some other changes are made at the casa.
Side note: Now I really DO want to go out and get a Big Chief tablet but they stopped making them in 2001 after 80 years of production. It's rather sad really. Big Chief tablets were the BEST and I now wonder what kind of crap kids today have to use in their place. AND I could go into the metamorphosis of all the different chiefs and the sons of the chief depicted on the covers over the 80 years, but I have a feeling it would be only for my personal gratification and you wouldn't find it overly interesting. If you would though, please advise.

And speaking of careers... a friend of mine at work told me today that I should be a stand-up comic. While my anecdotes can be amusing, I don't know if they would qualify for the Improv, which is pretty much the mother of all comedy clubs.

(Insert abrupt change of subject here at 2111 hours.)

I appreciate the fact I have raised my girls to be honest with me. This was experienced first hand tonight when my youngest called and said she and a friend had "gas problems" and would be late coming in thereby missing curfew. When she came in, she came straight to me and admitted she lied and explained what really happened at John Stiff Memorial Park @ the skate park. I was upset, but not angry. Had she not told me the truth, anger would have taken hold and I'm sure I would have erupted like Mt. Vesuvius. I'm not sure how to handle the situation that occurred, but I'm sure I will think of something - something fair because I certainly don't want to pull an "O. William." (Sorry dad, you're idea of discipline was outlawed by the Geneva Convention in 1949...)

And for your learning pleasure this evening... we all have heard about it, but this is the summary of the protections afforded to prisoners of war and war criminals.
Protected persons are entitled, in all circumstances, to respect for their persons, their honour, their family rights, their religious convictions and practices, and their manners and customs. They shall, at all times, be humanely treated, and shall be protected, especially against all acts of violence or threats thereof and against insults and public curiosity. Women shall be especially protected against any attack on their honour, in particular against rape, enforced prostitution, or any form of indecent assault. Without prejudice to the provisions relating to their state of health, age and sex, all protected persons shall be treated with the same consideration by the Party to the conflict in whose power they are, without any adverse distinction based, in particular, on race, religion or political opinion. However, the Parties to the conflict may take such measures of control and security in regard to protected persons as may be necessary as a result of the war. ”
—- Article 27, Fourth Geneva Convention

No comments:

Post a Comment