Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 85 - Yummy Sabotage

My stomach thought my throat had been cut this morning. The solution was a Chorizo Breakfast Burrito - made by Jesus. Jesus isn't Christ himself (though I'm certain a breakfast burrito made by the King of Kings would be AWESOME.) You have to speak Spanish please - the J is a soft H and the rest is pronounced "zeus."

I'm not a big proponent of the Spanish language, which is somewhat surprising to me because I love the romance languages as a general rule. It's probably even more bizarre because I live in the great state of Texas, where there are wayyyy too many illegals who speak Spanish and REFUSE to learn how to speak English. I could go on a rant here, but just for the record, I have learned German and French and have no desire to learn to speak Spanish until they learn to speak English. (Rational or not.)

But back to the breakfast burrito...it was perfectly made with just the right combination of chorizo, eggs, onion and other spices that Jesus adds to make it yummilicious. I'm fairly certain this burrito has sabotaged the diet portion of my day. I'm trying to figure out of I should just beat myself into a complete guilt-ridden state or to blow it off. I'm tired of doing this to myself... if it's not the burrito, it's something else (ice cream generally tops that list.)

I also need to get to the gym. I'm paying for a membership I'm not using and that bothers me. However, it's a catch 22. I go to the gym to feel better and look better, but the whole process of going to the gym when I feel / look like heck isn't my idea of a good time. I know I need to just suck it up and do it, but I haven't really found the motivation that will break through the self-loating I have at the moment. I have workout videos for the house, but (whether it's an "excuse" or not) I can't find a decent place to actually exercise at home so I need to get to the gym. Argh.... if nothing else, at least I'm honest, eh?

Well, I need to get back to work. On my breaks today I do plan on trying to take a walk around the PD, whether inside or out. It won't burn a lot of calories, but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment