Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 88 - Positivity

There are a lot of jobs in the universe... some good, some bad, some downright ugly. However, I have decided the one I will never work, no matter how bleak a situation could be is: porta-potty drainer. Once a week, I see this guy outside the PD emptying the porta-potty used by the construction crew. Now, it's bad enough to think that a lot of people have to use this little potty-coffin with no ventilation and no way to wash their hands afterward. In the middle of summer, I have to say that those little towers of terror are NOT a place to hang out for any period of time and if you do have to use one, pray the person(s) before you were not sick with any kind of stomach virus. However, to be the person that drains the crap and carts it away: ewwwww....

On a more positive note, I'm trying to be more positive about things around me. I have had quite the negative energy going for quite awhile and I have to say that being positive takes a lot of work. It's much easier to be negative about things going on around us. Now, I'm not even close to where I need to be on this matter; however, I find myself having a much better day when trying to find the bright side of situations.
Case in point: My car has ISSUES. (Note the bold caps...) However, approaching the situation in a more positive light, I am grateful that I have a car, the car is still running and it takes me from point A to point B. I could literally sit and list all of the things wrong with it, but I figure if I only try to focus on the positives, surely the car will keep running. And if for some reason it doesn't, I am positive I will receive a "new" car with minimal fuss and nonsense.

Some other things I am adding to my more positive outlook on life include "attracting" positive things to me. Instead of focusing on the bills and the debt load, I am focusing on the fact that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and will provide for us. Instead of focusing the fact I am a little chunky, I am focusing on the fact I am beautifully made and need to remember that. I believe that God didn't intend for us to live lives without abundance, I think we (in general) seem to think we can get and do everything ourselves, but without reliance on the Lord, we are nothing and can achieve nothing.

Yesterday, I utilized the power of positive thinking and Kate's dress came in the mail and Kyle received another project. I really reached and believed I was going to win the state lottery last night with a bunch of co-workers. Did it happen? No. Am I disappointed? No. I believe that God has something bigger and better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment