Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 4 - Silliness, gotta love it!

It's 0638 hours and I'm a little sore this morning from the "workout" last night. It was definitely unconventional, but that can be outstanding. One of my daughters and I pushed back the dining room table and used the space to just dance and be silly. Between the heater being on and the movements we worked up enough of a sweat last night that we had to open the back door and let in some cool air. I can't airwalk (yet), can kind of moonwalk, can definitely "cupid shuffle", can't break-dance, and can just move until I can't move any more. It was a blast and I think spending time with J. was more fun than just getting my groove on. (BTW - the groove is a little rusty. It's been like 20 years since I've been clubbing...) Time for a hot shower and to start the day...

Life Lesson #4 Make new friends but keep the old. If you haven't been in touch with a good friend for awhile. Now is a great time to write a note, shoot an email or just plain call. It's important we keep in contact with those near and dear to us. I was reminded of this today when I went to a friend's retirement party. So take 5 minutes and get in touch with someone you haven't talked to for awhile.

Health & Fitness #4 I talked with a good friend today who, like me, is tired of feeling the way we feel and probably tired of feeling a little more "round" too. I'm thinking we need to buddy up and hit the gym. This would require actually GOING to the gym, but I'm totally game for that. Change means stepping out of our comfort zones and my comfort zone hasn't been the gym for almost 3 years. That's too long.

Food & Drink #4 Recommendation for the day: Muscle Milk LIGHT. The light version has fewer calories than the regular version and fewer grams of protein, but at 20 grams of protein, it's a pretty easy way to feel full and get some extra vitamins and minerals the body needs. I actually prefer the chocolate, but the vanilla today wasn't too bad. I know there are folks that drink Slim Fast and nothing against it, but at 30 fewer calories,5 more grams of protein, (and this is Slim Fast's "high protein shake") and more nutrients added, Muscle Milk seems to me a much better option.

I'm also a sucker for fun things written on food / drink packaging. My bottle of Muscle Milk said, "If you enjoy feeling dull, overweight and lethargic put this bottle down, pick up that donut and prepare to cry yourself to sleep on the couch again... Good, you're still reading. Muscle Milk light is a perfect grab and go option that provides and excellent source of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals for helthy sustained energy, appetite contol and a revived mind. We can't say it's magic in a bottle, but it's close." I love truth in advertising.


Food tally for the day:
Breakfast: Muscle Milk Light Protein Shake (Vanilla!) (160/20)
Morning Snack: 2 scrambled eggs (200 / 13.5)w/ a tablespoon of salsa and 2 strips of bacon (92/6)
Lunch:Chik-Filet - 6 nuggets & 1 chicken strip (275 / 27),1T. BBQ Sauce, and 1 cup of fresh fruit. I also had about 3/4 cup of sweet tea. As this was Susan's retirement party, I thought this was an excellent choice of foodage as I didn't have anything sweet to eat and the cake looked yum-a-licious.
Afternoon Snack:Pretty, little Granny Smith apple
Dinner: 1 slice of pizza and 1 homemade rice krispie treat. Not outstanding, but kept within the bounds of reason.

Feeding the Spirit #" The only thing that separates any one of us from excellence is fear and the opposite of fear is faith. I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for, perfection is God's business."
Michael J. Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment