Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 6 - Sweet Friday

I'm grateful this work week is almost over. It's been unusually stressful and I'm not sure if the stressers were external or internally motivated. I'm thinking (depending on what's going on with the family) tonight I'm goint to take a long, hot, bubbly bath and do nothing other than relax.

And... for whatever reason the sugar cravings returned with a vengence.I am scarfing down some beans and rice so that I don't participate in the consumption of something REALLY bad for me. *Sigh*

Life Lesson #6 "Self-reliance is a vital key to living a healthy, productive life. To be self-reliant one must master a basic set of skills, more or less making them a jack of all trades. Contrary to what you may have learned in school, a jack of all trades is far more equipped to deal with life than a specialized master of only one." I have to admit I stole this quote today because it's true. However, if you want to read a really good blog that follows it: http://www.marcandangel.com/2008/06/02/50-things-everyone-should-know-how-to-do/


Health & Fitness #6 Fire the maid. Studies suggest that women today are more overweight and less fit that women in the 50's. One reason is we depend more on electronic appliances then doing work ourselves. Simple daily chores burn a large amount of calories. In fact, vacuuming for an hour burns 90 calories, gardening will kill 150 calories and cooking can actually burn up to 160 calorie (under the assumption of course you do not take a bite of what you are making avery five minutes.)


Food & Drink #6 Water - the ultimate weight loss supplement. I have had more water to drink in the last week than I think I have had in the previous three months. Granted, there has been a bit of Crystal Light mixed in, along with herb teas and the like, but I can honestly say that I haven't had a diet coke in quite some time and no carbonated beverages in over a week. Another step in the right direction. (Said while I'm sipping some herb tea...) I'm really hoping to continue this water trend even though my bladder hates me.

Food tally for the day:
Breakfast: Quaker Apple / Cinnamon oatmeal. 1 cup of water
Morning Snack: 1/2 Zone Dark Chocolate bar & 4 cups of water
Lunch: McDonalds Grilled Chicken Caesar salad, basalmic vinagarette w/ herb tea and McDonalds fruit and walnut salad
Afternoon Snack:1/2 cup refried beans and 1/2 cup rice
Dinner: 2 scrambled eggs and 3 biscuits (no butter or jelly) and strangely enough 1oz of mixed nuts

Feeding the Spirit #
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.
- Eartha Kitt
Daddy used to say that he really didn't care much what happened as long as he learned something new everyday. I used to tell him when I worked for him, "Ooooh, I just learned something new! Can I go home now?" He never let me because he said there was probably something else I needed to learn before I did. Often times, that was the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment