Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 65 - More Randomness

There's really nothing better in the world than BFF Time. It's capitalized because it's that important to my (our) sanity. Decompression and de-stressing is the name of the game and I got to have a little bit of that time this weekend. Pretty happy about that. I wish my BFF didn't live 250 miles away, but we can't help these things and we do what we can to stay in touch.

I'm not really feeling in touch with my dinner however. I'm sitting here eating a TV dinner and I've forgotten I'm not a big fan of pesto. So... I think I shall eat the cherry crisp dessert and skip the rest which has left a very weird taste in my mouth. I must remember not to buy this one again. Blech.

Speaking of gagging... I hate parental guilt trips. My mother called yesterday and left a message. I felt like poop so I didn't call her back and then she called today and guilted me into calling her back tonight. I am hoping that I will have this mysterious power over my children as I get older and if not, I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll be happy they are talking to me :-)

There are a lot of things that intrigue me, but I have a question. How does one sleep in a round bed? For me that would be a bed for one because I couldn't share that kind of space with another individual. I think I would feel a little disoriented not knowing exactly where the "edges" are. And how would one actually make the bed? You couldn't possibly get those crisp military corners, could you? On the plus side of the matter, it would be like sleeping on a cookie every night and that couldn't be a bad thing.

Life Lesson #65
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
"To put it all in simple terms, there are two things that you must do. The first thing you must do is to learn the rules of the game that you’re playing. It doesn’t sound exciting, but it’s vital. Secondly, you must commit to play the game better than anyone else. If you can do these two things, success will be yours!"

Health & Fitness #65 Camomile tea contains a compound called apigenin that works on the same part of the brain as anti-anxiety drugs. So when you are stressed out, this old-fashioned remedy is bliss. In fact, as I'm still on the phone with mother while I've been writing this, I may have to indulge in some chamomile tea because I need some bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment