Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 10 - Rainy Days and Tuesdays...

I woke up to the wonderful smell of rain this morning. I love days like this and would love them even more if I could spend them in bed, in my jammies and reading a good book. There are really few things I enjoy doing more than reading and I think in that respect I'm blessed because so many people hate to read. I've found over the years that not only can books educate you, but they are such a source of imagination and inspiration. Ahhh... now I want to just pick up a novel and start reading, but alas, the reading I need to do now will just be police reports.

Life Lesson #10
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
- John Lennon
I love this quote. Not only does it remind me of Ferris Beuller's Day Off and my teenage years, but it reminds me that we all need to stop and smell the roses from time to time. We need to take time to really assess what it is we want out of life and make some plans, but also plan to have those plans interrupted by unforseen events.

For example: Tonight we were supposed to get together with mom to finally celebrate my birthday. Who knew that Kate would stay home sick, Jess would go to the doc for x-rays on her thumb and I would feel like utter crap so I laid in bed pretty much after dinner. So, another rescheduling is in order and we shall see what happens. It's nothing to get uber upset about, but proves that plans are just sometimes interrupted.

Health & Fitness #10 I will go more into this at a later date, but if you are looking for a workout to give you a killer bod - think Kettlebells. OUTSTANDING calorie burn, cardio and weights all in one.

Food & Drink #10 Unless I actually have something earth-shattering.. not really going to go into this category or the food log right now. I haven't eaten anything really horrible, but as soon as I actually feel like sitting up longer, it's easier. However this could change tomorrow. =)

Feeding the Spirit #10
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

I love this picture of a young Lincoln. I see a resoluteness and strength of character in this photo. As most pictures of the period, he doesn't look "happy", but I sense that he was a fairly happy individual because he chose to be. This is something we all need to do... choose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment